Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

It was a great day to be a boy...

 Sunday was a great day to be a boy in our family. Sundays are our family activity day. Since our middle son, Wyatt, is a major gearhead I planned a special outing that I knew he'd love. He's bilingual. He speaks English and "Rockcrawler-iese".  For two months I've been Googling details about this Top Truck competition coming up since the fliers were removed at work. I sat next to him and listed to him tell me all about the vehicles that had "beadlockers", if it had "Detroit Lockers" and we betted each other if the next vehicle looked like it would roll when it came down the "frame-twist" obstacle. He said we were the best people in his life - ever!
Next we headed over to the Game-stop for Josh to trade in some games and get a new Power-Up card membership. I snuck away to use the restroom in the next building (since gamers somehow don't go-it's too distracting from DefConUberAlien or whatever and they don't have one for customers). His best friend was in there shopping with his birthday giftcards and it was crowded. Borders Bookstore is next door and I took  a moment to wander the YA section, check for titles I hoped they carried and saw lots of new releases already reviewed on blogs. Why don't they have Matched? For two whole minutes I was in my zone and they were in theirs. Of course they stayed so long in Gamestop that when I went back, the younger ones needed to find a bathroom as well so, sigh, I HAD to take them next door to....
Borders Book Store!! And they went nuts. I think it was overload by  this time and my wallet was on "underload". Taking Wyatt in there and telling him he can't buy anything just makes for a horrible fight. Darn Gamestop for not having a bathroom!  At least they love books....

5 comments:

  1. you are great at coming up with fun ideas and things to do with your kiddos! I love going to the book store:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day! I love going to the book store! Little Chick loves looking at all the books and I love my cup of coffee as I walk around with her! Have a great day!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great way to spend a Sunday! But I have a hard time coming out of Borders empty-handed. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous that you got a compliment from one of your sons. I have to pretend that "I hate you" means "I love you" and "You are the worst Mom in the world" means "Thank you for caring so much about me that you wouldn't let me play the PS3 for a 4th hour in a row or watch The Family Guy." Wish we were there to have a day like that together. Miss ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those comments mean you are a "mean mommy" - be proud! Mean Mommies are mommies that love their kids enough to say "NO" and the world could use many more. Only 5 more years until he leaves the nest and comes back to tell you how great you are!

    ReplyDelete