Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Book Review: Vanish by Sophie Jordan

 Vanish, the sequel to Firelight, one of my top all-time favorite novels about a teenage girl who can discovers she can turn into a dragon, was so fantastic I couldn't pry my fingers off the book. Waiting for it to come out, wondering if that was Jacinda or Tamara on the cover drove my crazy for months! So many questions were screaming to be answered - what happened to Will, does Jacinda save her family from Will's? Does Tamara hold it against her that they had to leave Chaparral? Just who or what is going to "vanish" in this sequel? Sophie Jordan delivers a  mid-trilogy book and rivals the highest rated single works of fiction in  YA paranormal novels.
    
      Finally my questions were answered as I devoured page after page, unwilling to close the cover until I tasted the last bite of this story. Sophie Jordan has a way of painting a fantastic images in your head and gripping emotions on your heart. I will forever see the gorgeous gossamer wings of the Draki, and the image of the Draki wedding ceremony is lifetime-unforgettable.



     Jacinda finds herself in a tug of war with her devotion to her family, pushed by their rejection and pulled by Will's undying love for her. Throughout the story of these two families, the unusual is taking place. Manifestations, powers strong enough to cover the entire tribe, and covert enough to sneak up on even the most on-edge Draki. Jacinda must choose - will she return to Cassian and continue on in the pride's tradition? Or will she follow her heart, go after Will, and leave Cassian to Tamara?
     Sophie Jordan answers all these questions and opens the door to an entirely new dynamic in the third installment in the Firelight trilogy. I am waiting on pins, needles, and dragon claws for Hidden.

It should come as no surprise that I give Vanish Photobucket 5 stars!

You can find the entire trilogy  and trailers at www.sophiejordan.net .

1 comments:

  1. I thought reading books like this will be boring or something, but when I started reading and fall in the characters, I realized that I’m starting not just to like it but I fell in love with the book.

    ReplyDelete