Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Lamenting My Borders....

Why, oh Why?  Why must my local Borders close?  My one escape! No more spontaneous U-turns for "just a peek" at what's new. We have a Barnes and Noble but their prices are so high they even make you PAY for their discount card.  I guess this is it, time to support the independent bookstore, Country Bookshelf. I'll have to plan ahead and drive the extra 10 miles - not to mention get used to parking on the one-way, crowded, downtown street and keep the kiddos from getting run over.  I guess it will be a new adventure. One of my instructors from last semester just purchased the Bookshelf...Ms. P. here I come!

6 comments:

  1. Our Borders is not closing, probably due to the fact that we have no other bookstore here in town. But when you see what they owe publishers it makes me wonder if they will even be getting new merchandise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it's time to support the small booksellers. I feel like I need to go to bookstore rehab! (Hi, my name is Mary. It's been three days since I read the inner flap of a new release......)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard yet if our Borders is closing or not. It is kind of sad. It is so nice to go in and browse a bookstore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got the message that they are filing Chapter 11. I just bought the upgrade on my Borders card. I hope you are doing well! Have a great day!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't heard anything yet about ours. Hopefully it will stay open, we only have a couple of books stores here as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Renae and Welcome! Borders sent out email with an announcement. Hopefully you haven't received one and will get to keep your store. I know what you mean about only having a few places to hang out and shop for books!

    ReplyDelete