Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

Bonjour! I have returned from England and France....

....from France where the culture is as rich as the food and England where history is living and breathing in the Buckingham and Windsor palaces. Blending literature, art and presence gave me a new perspective on how to really understand life. Peeking into C. S Lewis's dark, shadowy attic that appears in the Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, then eating Turkish Delights or standing in the Tower of London at the exact place where Anne Boleyn was beheaded and buried are just some examples of the possible collisions of art, literature, and being there.
      I think my biggest connection was through Skyping with Jennifer Donnely about her book Revolution, going to the Palace of Versailles, and viewing Monet's debut impressionist painting "Impression Sunrise" which I will post my thoughts on being a revolutionary soon.
       That said, reading is still the easiest way to transport your mind.....Join me as I share some connections between literature and art from the land of the Brits and French.


Vive la littérature et de l'art !

(Long live literature and art!)


0 comments:

Post a Comment