Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

New "Box" Store Open! The Spiderwick Store

My youngest son, Dakota, is the one I posted about a few months back being hooked on the Spiderwick Chronicles by Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black. See Post Here .  He's like me in that when he likes something, he REALLY likes it. I love that it has continually sparked his imagination like no video game could ever do.  This week he got the idea that he wanted to open a store and asked for the biggest cardboard box I could find. First, he started decorating it with little "Fantastical Field Guides" - the rectangles with the red crosses are actually the official guide as it's shown with the leather cover and red tie.   He says he's got a Spiderwick section and another section that I'm not sure about. Then, he put on his Jared clothes from Halloween to play the part.  He's selling us his toys and things for pennies and nickels - it's so cute! He's trying to earn enough money to buy a Field Guide that looks authentic. 
So far I am the proud owner of my very own Scooby-Doo hat, a Super Reader bookmark, Lego Club magazine, Grocery list tablet, Spiderman notepad and a FREE ducky necklace.

1 comments:

  1. Cute. And smart. Making money off you all. A future entrepreneur?

    ReplyDelete