|sample Paper Bag Report|
When he finished he was on top of the world. We took a minute to talk over the steps he took in making it and when we looked at the big picture, this is what HE ended up accomplishing (not me, he was in charge of this whole endeavor):
- met the author and got signed books
- listened to the author present on how the book came about
- read the whole book (which is a selection more than double the AR reading level for 4th grade)
- read the graphic novel
- watched the movie (he had seen it when he was 7 so it was a faint memory)
- compared the three and found the differences
He has become an EXPERT on City of Ember and I am SO proud of him!
What other ways can you help kids make that connection?