Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

When you achieve what you thought was impossible


     That moment - you know you all have them - when you do something you were just sure was going to be an epic-fail.  I had a huge hurdle I thought was going to be my downfall this semester and it turned out to be one of those moments.

     It wasn't a paper, a presentation, or even a major exam; it was the handwriting sample.

     What? Me afraid of a little ol' handwriting sample?  Can't an adult even write her ABC's legibly? Sheesh!


     There's more to it than that for me. I struggled in school with it and even asked my English teacher for help because my French teacher was putting big fat D'Nealian F's on my papers for sloppiness. I tried so many ways to change, but it always ended up looking like I was writing a prescription.

     This time, I tried something different. After all, I'm going to be a teacher - it's do or die. I practiced again, only this time I treated it like I was drawing. I treated it as copying a cartoon or sketch - verrrrry slowly - and it worked!

Have you ever had to change your approach to a challenge? What works for you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment