Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Do you have angels in your outfield? **UPDATED**

Last week we did!  Dustin's in his fourth year of baseball and really struggles to connect with the ball. Some day's he's got it - some day's not-so-much.  He's been sitting on the bench a lot this season and the coach usually puts him in during the fifth or sixth inning. The game wasn't really coming together and I was starting to feel bad for him - that maybe he wasn't enjoying it either. When he finally got up to bat - I pleaded to the Big-Guy, "Lord, please give the guy a little help - he really needs it!" 

If you know me at all you'll know that I don't take the power of prayer lightly.

He got up the plate, got set and "ponk" he hit it - and it rolled three feet from the plate so off he went to first and wouldn't you know - they overthrew it! Off he went to second and they overthrew it again! It was like slow motion watching him running the bases and sure enough - they overthrew third and on to home he went. He got there with a nice big SLIDE and tagged the base a milisecond before they tagged him - it was a HOME RUN.  Everyone was cheering and yelling his name!

So, yes, we had angels in our outfield.......I almost feel guilty - the other team didn't know what hit 'em!

**UPDATE**
Okay, so it happened again! I had to leave for a little bit during the game for a meeting at church. Dustin was up while I was gone and struck out. Right after I returned he got up to bat. I thought it over and decided, yeah, he needed a little more help since he wasn't even off the bench until the 5th inning - and BASE HIT BABY!  He even stole two bases before making it home. I'm so proud of all his hard work and tickled that even my prayers for the little things are heard!

0 comments:

Post a Comment