Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

That Sam I Am! Ever feed your kid a book for breakfast?

Often when I read this book to my sons, I tell them about the first time I heard it. I'll never forget my first grade teacher feeding us green eggs and ham. I was terrified to eat them! I couldn't believe you could actually make and eat something imaginative from some rectangular, paper creation -would it taste like paper? I fell in love with Dr. Seuss that day and his cohort Sam-I-Am.
This rainy morning my youngest, Dakota asked if I'd make him some - thank goodness I actually had food coloring this time!



6 comments:

  1. How creative!! My daughter would love that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a hard time getting the boys to eat anything green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha this is AWESOME. your sons are lucky to have such an incredible mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary_not_Martha said...
    Thanks Jennifer and Tahereh. Angela, I know - looks gross, huh? Same with my kids, nothing green. I wish I knew how to make the yolk green in a fried egg. If anyone figures it out, let me know. I am still receiving multiple requests from the boys to make more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so awesome! I've thought of making the green eggs, but never followed through (however there was a time when I could cite GE&H from memory; ditto Cat in the Hat). That might have to go on our list of summer silly things to do! :)

    ReplyDelete