Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Wrapping up "Captivating" by Jon and Staci Eldredge


We finished up "Captivating" last week and I took some time to reflect on it this morning. I have never been so changed in my daily life by a book study before. I feel like I have a new branch with tender green leaves emerging that represent a new understanding and confidence in why God made me a woman - what his intention and purpose is. We learned how Eve was created in God's image, therefore He has a feminine side and created women to radiate it. Too often, as a mom, it gets pushed to the back burner. Who has time to "primp and prime" when lunches need packing, homework needs assisting, and I'm running on less than 5 hours of sleep? This week I had a lighter schedule and was able to linger a little longer getting ready. I painted my nails a few times, soaked in the tub - twice, bought some casual skirts instead of shorts (at Goodwill-frugal me) got a haircut, and picked the frilliest teacup from my mother-in-law's collection. Why not indulge a little in the gift God has been waiting for me to open - my femininity. I hope that my sons can see the difference between what a man was meant to reflect and what a woman was meant to reflect. Jon and Staci say in their book that in the ways of society, "women are taught to be men" how sad is that? If God intended for us women to show his feminine side then why not? It will only bring out the best in us and the men in our lives.

2 comments:

  1. I have this book, but I haven't had a chance to read it yet. Thanks for the review info. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing---that you got through the book and study, how you were able to absorb it and apply it to your life and encourage others. Thank you, Sis. I actually painted my fingernails and toenails this morning while the boys were at school instead of housework! (Angie W.)

    ReplyDelete