Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

For the Rowling fans....


 
Hogwarts?

"The tube"

   I can't go to Oxford, England and not connect with one of their finest author's, J. K. Rowling. I have to be honest, although I'm not a fan of books where children become witches and wizards, I do love her writing style. She creates her own vocabulary with words like "quidditch" and villian names like "Voldemort" (which is French for Flight of Death). Her writing is so descriptive that when Voldemort finally revealed himself I was really creeped out! 
Platform 9 3/4 is REAL - this is at King's Cross station
You can get your picture wearing the scarf and pushing it!


 Her life story is equally inspiring - full of struggles that turned to success. She describes riding the train in England when she thought up the character Harry Potter and started his story. I am waiting for her next release and wondering what worlds she's creating at this moment.
Hogwart's (Oxford)  Stairs 
    



The Great Dining Hall
Oxford students really eat here among portraits of kings. I half expected an owl to swoop down on me!





0 comments:

Post a Comment