Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Reading - the Fifth Dimension?


Lately, Stephen Hawkings has been talking about some far-out ideas. He really boggles my mind. A week or so ago he was voicing his opinion on the subject of contacting extra-terrestrials. Today on http://www.msnbc.com/ he spoke on another subject. Here's a link http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37018725/ns/technology_and_science-science//to his article about the possibility of time travel. He goes into detail describing how it could be possible to travel into the future through locating and expanding wormholes and traveling just under the speed of light. His article is fascinating. I was wondering if a person could write a really great fiction book based on his suggestions (yep, all that scientific knowledge and I go thinking it should be reduced to a fiction novel!). When we read books that involve time travel (my favorites) or even books based in the past or future, aren't our minds already entering into a new dimension in a way? Not physically, but mentally? If reading stories can evoke true emotion in us, make us feel like we went to a far away place, make us laugh or feel deep sadness, how can we say our mind didn't take a day trip? Maybe that's why we are all so eager to read and escape through "wormholes" we create in the comfort of our own homes, to our own 5th dimension...............Okay, back to reality....

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I'm with you on this. In fact I talked to a writer once who felt that the stories we write are what is whispered to us by spirits in another realm who need their stories told.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm, could be! Thanks KarenG. So glad you didn't think I was crazy. I thought my followers might abandon me and suddenly I'd have a lot of Star Trek symbols where my friendly follower faces currently reside....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wip I'm working on right now is time travel. Interesting article. And thanks for following my blog. I love your blog. totally cute! And thanks for putting a link to my contest in your sidebar! Wow. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the different choices I could make if I could time travel . . .but then again would I really change anything if given the chance? BTW--we all know your are a little goofy--but we love ya and won't abandon you.

    ReplyDelete